Tony & Shelley at RMYS Ball

Tony & Shelley at RMYS Ball
Just awarded Clubman of the Year

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Creature of the Night

Creature of the night


Wasted nights, sleepless days
Fight for rights, catch some rays
Creature of the night reality is but a dream
Life is a jigsaw with pieces that are missing
I need to change to find what I am looking for

I walk through the shadows of the night
Sleep comes at the rising of the sun
An unfaithful chariot with no definite timetable
There are times when it does not
Desire my company

Times when insomnia is of little solace
The sun shines on my sleepless lids
Blinds me, for its brightness is not welcome
The rose dries, the green is gone from its leaves
The red will soon depart from its petals

Creature of the night dream a new reality
Sleep in the dark, play in the park
A friendship made of sunshine and light
Trade in the dingy smoke filled rooms
Breathe again, take time to smell the new rose

Written sometime last century
Shelley Ornsby

No comments:

Post a Comment